Male infertility is as common as female infertility though not popularly discussed. It is a condition, that occurs when regular unprotected intercourse for about a year, with a fertile partner, fails to lead to conception. Most cases of male infertility can be cured through proper medical attention.
Causes of Male Infertility
The various causes of male infertility include insufficient sperm count, blockages in the tubes carrying sperm or lack of sperm mobility. Other medical causes or conditions include: –
- Ejaculation issues – issues like retrograde ejaculation hinders fertility as well
- Infections – infections can cause scarring which interferes with the transfer and movement of sperm.
- Hormonal imbalance – hormonal imbalance can affect the count and quality of sperm produced.
- Varicocele – varicocele is a condition where the veins that drain the testicles swell which disrupts the transfer of sperm. This can be reversed easily and is a common cause of male infertility.
Various other disorders like chromosome defects, tubule defects and so on effects male fertility. Prior surgeries and certain medications are known to cause male infertility as well.
Symptoms of Male Infertility
Though the obvious symptom of male infertility is the inability to contribute to a successful pregnancy, there are other symptoms which go unnoticed usually. Some of them are: –
- Recurring respiratory issues
- Sexual function disorders
- Increased growth of breasts
- Inability to detect smells
- Decreased hair growth on face and body
- Swelling and pain in testicles
If symptoms like pain or swelling in testicles area, issues with sexual function and history of surgeries in pelvic area exist, medical attention should necessarily be sort.
The treatment for infertility is based on the issue that causes it. Diagnosis for male infertility involves physical examination of pelvic region, semen analysis and evaluation of hormonal balance. The treatment for male infertility includes: –
- Hormone treatments along with medication to correct hormonal imbalance
- Antibiotic treatment for infections
- ART (Assisted Reproductive Techniques)
- Surgery for disorders like varicocele
Guru Multispecialty Hospital, based in Madurai is a leading centre that providing infertility treatments.
Visit Us : infertility-center-madurai.com
Mail Us : email@example.com